Ascensia Breeze glucometer for FREE
- Holds 10 test strips in Ascensia AUTODISC™
- Alternate sites testing: finger, forearm, palm, abdomen or thigh.
- SIP-IN SAMPLING™ - automatically draws in the right amount of blood.
- 3-4 µL blood sample.
- 30 seconds results.
- Last 100 test results with date and time downloadable.
- No coding required.
Ascensia Breeze glucometer is developed for simple and easy testing. It has a comfortable shape and simple
single-function buttons. No more having to use individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia Autodisc includes
10 individual strips!
What about getting Ascensia Breeze glucometer for FREE?
Currently there's no exact information for this meter.
If you are a valid US diabetic with Medicare
Click here to get FREE glucometer and diabetic testing supplies
Sip-in Sampling® technology means that you need just a very small blood drop because the test strip
automatically draws the blood right on the strip. Diabetic can download the meter’s information to a computer using
the Ascensia Win Glucofacts diabetes management software for simple and flexible diabetes data management.
Download Bayer Breeze 2 manual
Pros and Cons of Ascensia Breeze glucometer
- Simple to use because you don’t have to change the strips everytime you want to test your blood sugar.
- Simple to use lancet device.
- With a pull forward and push back method to release the strip it is an easy way to release the strip.
- Only needs a tiny drop of blood.
- If you want to do alternative testing, you have to call Bayer and they will send you a special lancing
device so you can use alternative testing. You do have to pay like a $4.95 S&H fee. Or they include a $25
coupon you can take to your pharmcacy to get the special lancing device. And that’s if the pharmacy has it
- That means once you have your blood glucose machine, you can’t start testing on alternative sites until you
have the special lancing device.
- To open the machine at the top can be confusing initially and a little difficult if you have arthritis.
Though most patients do get the hang of it after a few times.
- The pull and push back method to release the strip again may have some arthritis patients having some
difficulty but most patients are able to do this in a few tries.
Overall, this is a great glucometer. If it weren’t that you have to call Bayer to get the special lancing
device, I would rate this machine a 9. But because of this factor, again, like the Accucheck Compact, this
glucometer would be rated an 8.
Either machine, the Accucheck Compact and the Ascencia Breeze both are high tech glucose meters that really do
help the diabetes perform simpler blood sugar results and feel both of these are the best glucometers on the market
By the way, Bayer makes the Ascensia Breeze glucometer. Definitely shocked me when I started using this glucose
machine on my patients.
Copyright 2005 Fern Kuhn, RN Specializing in Diabetes
Bayer Breeze test strips
Ascensia Breeze test strips are the same as for Asencia Dex and Ascensia Dex 2 meters. 10 test strips are inside
AUTODISC™ cartridge that reduces the time needed to open individual packages and overall handling. Bayer
Glucometer Test Cartridges can be found at www.vitalitymedical.com (Box of 50 - $59.73)
and at www.diabetesstore.com.